Re: Guitar Compression was :Re: ...reflections...

"You're welcome for the info & I actually never run FX pedals by batteries. I find that there are all kinds of problems that are avoided if you give them a nice steady power supply. FX like a COMP will draw a lot of juice & will not function very well on the low end of the battery life. Plus there's the whole throwing batteries away/enviromental thing. In the past I did try rechargeable but then some pedals simply can't be powered by batteries, like my EHX English Muffin. You'd need something on the order of a bloody Sherman Tank battery to keep that thing going for very long......."

 Thanks Mark, all of these factors I'm  well aware of and for the above reasons,  I  rarely ever use batteries ,and  run my pedals off of a voodoo labs pedal power.   Occasionally I like to grab a few effects and busk with a battery powered amp.  Also I think there is a whole new wave of rechargeable batteries looming on the horizon. I just checked out a rechargeable acoustic guitar system from Fishman that lasts several hours and takes between a minute and two minutes to recharge.
Bill

Hello Bill,

My guitar pedal guy, Matt at the Mad Ape, has suggested the same thing, the Voodoo PS. He contacted them to make sure it would accept the various power hungry pedals I have. I have heard about the new rechargeables that are coming out but if I go out coming out but if I go out to be a street musician again it will just be acoustic.
Mark wrote:

Mark Showalter
Minden Jot!

myspace.com/folkstone57