Re: recording methods - what's your approach?

Honestly, Christo,

I see what you say, but at the same time,
I have a lot of confidence in the depth of my own personal improvisations.
I've worked all of my life in many, many different contexts to be able to
produce really
deep and meaningful improvisations in many differnent kinds of contexts
(which is not to say
that I can hit a 'homerun' with every artistic endeavor).

It can produce crap, but , at the same time,  it can also produce really
beautiful
pieces of music because of it's spontaneity.

It's all down to how good an intrinsic composer and an intrinsic producer
each artist is
.....and, finally, down to what kind of discernment a person has when
editing (or producing
oneself).

I would advise:   take a chance on oneself and edit out what sucks and let
exist what is
potent and powerful.

To be overcautious can frequently kill what might be the next thing that
could possibly change the world (or morph it slightly).

It takes courage to make changes in live and in music.

If we are over cautious continually, then the status quo in art will
always exist.
We must, if you ask me , personally, take risks in artistry. If we don't ,
nothing will change for the better.

yours,

respectfully,   Rick Walker