Re: Rép : Multi-tracks loopers questions LP1

phillip wilson wrote:
> thanks for the input,
>
> How many "tracks" can I have in an LP1

8 stereo tracks

> can each of these have overdubs?

yes.

..and it's possible to multiply the tracks
(e.g. to 12 times), but not edp style

> do i have ot mentally keep in mind which tracks are which lengths

yes, that helps

> or is
> there indications?

there's a loop time counter for the current loop, that's all.

> reason being that presuming i can overdub on either of these tracks, i
> know i would end up  accidentally trying to  add a chordal overdub onto
> the 1 bar loop  thus creating a mess lol.

If you'd just made your 12 bar loop then that would be the *current* track.
So the accident is not so likely.

What you will miss going from edp to LP1 is the way the buttons of
the EDP are arranged so that you can do so much with each.

The LP1 does have 2 "multifunction" buttons, Rec/Dub and Play/Stop,
which do some of what Rec and Od do on the edp (and Mute too).
...but essentially, if you wanna do a lot of different things
you'll need a switch for each.

What you will like is that a single midi command can be used to
do up to 8 functions all with one press. Particularly useful
if you have a standard way of working with the loops.

andy