Re: Rép : Multi-tracks loopers questions

  Adding to what Andy said,  Here is how it could work with just two
foot switches on your behringer. You program one switch for sync
record/ over dub, and another switch with a combination command of
play/stop and either one of three multiply functions, double,triple,
or quadruple.
  You would hit the sync/record/overdub switch to start recording your
first track, you would end your first loop by hitting the footswitch
that combines play/stop with the multiply function (actually set up as
double, triple or quadruple in the LP-1). Now you have recorded the
first loop and also doubled its length. If you hit hit sync record/
overdub again you can start overdubbing on your doubled track, and end
your over dubbing by hitting Play/Stop + double  again. Now you have
double the length of your original loop again. Ok now.... go to a new
track and hit play/stop+ double to not only arm the track in sync with
the first, but doubling the length again.
  now strat overdubbing on that armed track and keep repeating the
above steps.
This way of using it is might mimic an EDP as you described but what
Andy said about just moving to a new track and using sync record/
overdub to record any multiples of the original loop or using sync
bounce to add new content as you multiply the length is the way to do
it,  that makes the most use the the LP-1's  expanded track
capability. One  feature on the LP-1 is if you are in sync record mode
and have recorded a first track,  if you go to the next track and hit
play/stop before you start recording, you arm that track to be the
exact length of the first loop, so when you do start recording you are
essentially in overdub mode so you don't have to think about being
accurate with the punch out point. Add to that the fact that you can
have up to 8 midi commands from a single footswitch, you could double
up the play/stop function with a multiply function. I never really
used the EDP much but I do know you are not the first EDP guy that
doesn't want to give up a comfortable way to of doing things, and it
was the same way when I switched from the Repeater to the LP-1. I gave
up certain comfortable ways of doing things, but then I gained a vast
array of new things I do that more than make up for it. Its a really
deep machine with a learning curve, it will take more than two weeks
to get comfortable with I assure you but the rewards are worth it. It
ain't overkill, its expanded universe of possibilities......
  Bill