From: Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Mon, July 12, 2010 4:26:22 PM
Subject: Re: boot camp or parallels

Recommendations about installing boot camp should be to create a
partition big enough for the windows processes you want to run in
there. A trick I like myself is to format the Windows partition in FAT
(or is it FAT32?) which can be worked as any Mac OS X file format when
you have booted through OSX and need some stuff you did when in
Windows. I've even used sampling libraries in the W partition that
worked well with samplers under both Win as OS X. I use an old OEM
version of Win XP with only the service pack 2 and no other Microsoft
updates and this has worked very well. I have no experience to share
regarding Vista or Win7 for audio.

I see only one reason for using parallels instead of boot camp and
that is if you think that it is more important to have an instant
Windows access from the Mac side than to have an audio optimized
system.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se