Re: drum machine

I remember hearing TR-909 in the early eighties before I found out it
was a drum machine. I just loved that stiff and thumpy drum sound and
used to wonder how the hell they had dampened the toms to achieve
that! And I also wondered how the drummer was able to play like
that... LOL! Then 909'¨s started showing up all over town at rehearsal
places and I got it all right ;-)  "Ah a drum machine, yeah!" Never
bought one though, because they were so big and heave and also because
I was waiting for samplers to be available. Thought that would be more
useful, since I was quite inspired back then by the drum sampling work
of artists like Cabaret Voltaire and Yello.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com