Re: LET'S HIJACK THIS CONTEST....

I certainly understand the consternation about the "International" aspect
(although some web sites point to what they call the "U.S. Division" of
the
contest.

But I'm not comfortable with the phrasing,

"We do not believe they are running this contest to promote Looping and
Music. Instead, we believe BOSS is sponsoring this only because they want
sell you something."

The reason I can't cosign is that of course, any company that sponsors
**anything** is doing it ultimately to make money. Their entire reason for
existence is to generate profit.

Now when a company can sponsor an event (to increase their exposure and
therefore their sales), and in the process promote a great event and
individual artists, it's a win/win. I think that if they adhered to the
the
"international" moniker and weren't playing games with semantics, then it
would be perfectly appropriate for their motivation to be to increase
their
own exposure.

I just think it's a little naive to expect Boss to sponsor something
strictly to promote looping and music. When you see a corporation donating
money to certain causes, they are not doing it because they're just a
great
bunch of humanitarians, believe me. They are doing it to create an image.
They exist for profit, and for nothing else. It's a great way to do
business, though, because everybody benefits.

Just some thoughts from a normally very quiet member of the list.

Brian (Donning his flame retardent suit)