nut pickup/boss contest...

back in the 80s i tried to put a pickup over the nut of my old teisco del rey, it didn't work. and the running the wire down the neck taped didn't feel so good either.

the one idea that has interested me is putting a piezo in the neck pocket of the guitar. i had read that eivind aarset does that w/ his strat, and i thought i had read long ago that frank zappa had a guitar equiped w/ that setup (don't quote me on the FZ one, this is from memory). the idea of picking up sound/vibrations from that crucial part in neck body joint sounds interesting to me.
i will also put a plug in my newest guitar has a microphone (for feedback) between the 2 double rail pus...(similar idea to the teuffel tesla and david torn's koll tornado)...
and it works quite well. w/ different types of distortion it gets different sounds (i've been bouncing between my boss ultra fuzz, my DAED disturbo ds-1 & my source audio multi-wave distortion--i can't make up my mind which i like)...
& when i go direct, w/ the mic on, i can get quasi-acoustic sounds....

as for the Boss loop competition...i had thought about making some crappy loop video, using my gear...but just putting a piece of tape over the pedal names and label it "boss" real crappy, sort of an homage to the old batman tv show in the 60s that had everything labeled in the batcave....my minor funny haha....
oh well...
s----