Re: stompbox reverbs?

The blueSky is a new pedal and should be available:

Sent from  iPhone

On Aug 29, 2010, at 9:39 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:

Thanks for all these recomendations..

@Cnovey Time factor looks good, but yes too pricey for now... maybe later tho...
@Reyn I was interested in the EH.. but of course the cathedral
@mark looks like the bollocks, not sure if I can afford that tho...
that Strymon looks lovely!! @Toejam But unfortunately sold out from the website... i might have stumped for that one...

and Per... is this thing about the Boss RV3 that they've gone and done what Boss usually do and released an inferior pedal? The RV5 is the latest, and available in my local boutique..
Often people moan about Boss making later versions WORSE.. Im not so sure, I have 2 Boss pitch shifters... the PS3 and the PS5. The former has more features in a way, 2 notes possible, + delay, plus chorus, but the PS5 sounds.. fantastic... extremely musical with (slightly) intelligent pitching..
So Im wondering about the RV5..

Or.. was the rumour you heard that the RV3 was... "godlike"?

mcf

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 2:23 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
> stomp box reverb

The guitarists of Explosions In The Sky told me they both use a Boss
RV3. Not manufactured anymore but of course available second hand.
They got recommended the RV3 by Josh Pearson of Lift To Experience
("the RV3 teases the angels to start singing"). Anyone that knows
these bands/musicians knows what this box sounds like.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com