question regarding programming the fcb1010 for the EDP

Hello Mark-

You posted this link on the Loopers Delight mail list, thank you very
much...

http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/?p=593

However I find that I'm not getting the behavior you describe in the
section
on assigning note numbers to pedals. I wonder if you could elaborate a bit,
or point out where I'm getting it wrong...

Assigning Note numbers to pedals for the EDP functions. (Performed once per
EDP function required)

0. Choose the pedal you wish to give a function to

I want button #1 to be Record, so I select it... the LED on the switch
lights up, the switch1 red LED up top lights up, the display reads '00',
and
the two expression pedal LEDs are lit.

1. Press and hold DOWN button (to edit)

The LED on button#1 stays lit, the green led blinks, no numerical display,
no expression leds lit.

2. Press UP once (to pass another function we dont need)

button#1, #8,#9 & #10 LED's lit up, the 'select' LED is lit, nothing else
lights...

3. Now all lights should be OFF except for the one we want, that it 10.

uh,  see above... button#1, #8,#9 & #10 LED's lit up, the 'select' LED is
lit... This is where I get stumped and cant get any farther in the
process...

Any assistance would be helpful... I'm a bit of a MIDI-phobe as it is, and
this isnt helping my situation... Your instructions looked very cut and dry
and simple to understand, but I'm not seeing the same behavior as you
described. Fow what it's worth, my FCB1010 is brand new, and has the latest
2.5 eprom chip, and my EDP is the latest rev running Loop4, 1.1.

Thanks!

Dave Nix

4. Press and hold pedals to switch lights off, and press and hold the 10
button to switch it ON. (The 10 button denotes the use of the Note Number
function)
5. Briefly press the 10 button to choose it for editing, it should flash.
6. Press up (to edit)
7. choose the EDP function number PLUS your offset number, using the
Expression pedal A.