Re: Abelton Live question

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Jeff Larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com> wrote:

Mobius will overheat and sparks and smoke will

come pouring out of the keyboard.

Ahh .. thats exactly what happened so that must be it then!!!

You could protect yourself with a script that checks the loop length

before doing the divide.  Something like this:

   !name Safe Divide

   if loopFrames > 1000

      Divide

   endif

thats the whole script? drop it in as a script then use it instead of Divide?? Awesome! (as one says in the us I believe)

> First record a long loop, say on 8th setting 16. Then run script that auto-divides by 16.

> (this just chops the loop down to a small portion)

> THEN run new script (the loop windowing script) Which will AT THE SAME TIME....

I think I see what you want.  It isn't exactly loop windowing but the audible

effect could be similar.  Is this it?

  1) record base loop

  2) run magic script, 16th slice of base loop plays

  3) run magic script, 15th slice of base loop plays

  4) run magic script, 14th slice of base loop plays

  5) ...

Yes!! I realise that its not loop windowing, but it would sound like a loop window doing its funky thang.. Of course, us Loop Window Cleaners need to mult out a bit add a bit and mult in (divide again to add some new shit once in a while.. Im guessing thats where the deviation happens...

and Jeff? I was using Multiply = New... so... no cake yet... Played Portal? Sorry cake is a reference to Portal...

Mark

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com