Fuzzy repeater Memorys

Wow,  Bill,  I had completely forgotten about that gig we did together
at the 21 Grand,  but
it recalls a mode of improvisation I've done a lot in shows where one
artist merely plays and
another artist only manipulates what the person is playing.

I did a festival called the Festival of Voice and Electronics where I
paired 10 different really
excellent singers form disparate traditions (concertizing opera singers
to death metal singers;
tuvan overtone singers to industrial beat boxers) and had three
different people (me, Bill
and Miko B) processing each 10 minute solo acapella piece with loopers
and electronic
processing.   The results were really amazing.

I love this juxtaposition where two people contribute to an improv but
the instrumentalist can't control
what the 'processor' throws back at them nor can the processor control
what the instrumentalist plays.

Pre looping,  I used to have a favorite game with several sophisticated
5 or 6 string bassists, where I
malleted their bass while they could only control the harmony of the
strings I played.............usually I asked
them to give me one open drone string..................the results are
so cool and sound completely unlike any
bassist you've ever heard because two people are double time the
creativity.

and, lastly,   I really need to get my repeater fixed.  I really miss
using it.

I also hope that someday, Bill,  you will put one or two of the best
Repeater improvs you developed out
onto a CD for posterity's sake.    The work you did with it was really
inspiring to me at the time (just as your
work with the LP-1 is so inspiring to me now)..............now if I
could just settle on the right damn midi controller
to control it all.