Re: OT: eventide following clock

i was using 4.0 beta but had to fall back to 3.51 as the beta version did some really strange thing to a lot of the shifters, which i use the shit out of.  so, i just got 4.01 and yes it is better but still not up to snuff.  i'm surprised, really, as this is the first problem i've had with eventide in nearly a decade of using their gear.

- jim

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Simeon Harris <simeonharris40@googlemail.com> wrote:
are you using the latest software? i had the same problem, but when i upgraded the eventide to 4.01, it got much better

sim

On 21 Sep 2010, at 23:40, james fowler wrote:

i've sent an email to tech support at eventide, so hopefully they'll be helpful.  if that fails, i'll be calling them.  if they'll just admit "hey, yeah...tempo sync doesn't work very well" then i can at least stop wasting my time trying to make it cooperate.

- jim

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 5:12 PM, <cnovey@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been really frustrated with the midi on this thing- and the seeming lack of sync between visual tempo and midi tempo. Mine have more to do with creating initial loop and having the midi pulse make any sense- hard to explain- will mess w it more and report back.

Sent via soup cans and string.

From: james fowler <twostroke@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:39:22 -0400
Subject: OT: eventide following clock

anybody out there having a hard time getting their eventide to follow incoming midi clock?  to be more specific: the tempo button (and corresponding bpm values) are spot-on, but for the life of me i can't get the tempo-based modulations to sync and the modulated parameter is drifting all over the place and thereby rendering it useless.  plogue bidule is generating the clock, btw.

any and all help is appreciated.  i've gotten no love from both plogue's and eventide's forums.

- jim