From: Louie Angulo <louie.angulo@googlemail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Tue, September 14, 2010 2:03:31 PM
Subject: Re: silent switches- Jamman Stereo looper experiences so far

yes,is  fun finally looping with a small stompbox in stereo,if u do panning delays etc.,is a bit limited as far as looping features but the fact that it has a microphone input,and room to load up samples all in a small stomp makes it interesting.Plus i can finally do it all without a mixer! because you can regulate the input of both guitar and mic separately.
However i also tried it in the aux of a mixer because it can overload quite easy going straight into the mic input if u use vocal effects before it like i do with my voice tone create and harmony g which both have input volume gains.
The jamman also has a "dry defeat" to use in the aux of a mixer  feature But i found that the panorama of the stereo efx iarent as nice with this configuration,they tend to sound a bit more mono...
i dont understand why though,i go into the line 6 m9  with my stereo guitar signal then the outs of the m9 straight into 2 separate mixer channels hard panned
the mixer has 2 aux sends which i connect to the inputs of the jamman stereo and return them to separate channels on the mixer which i hard pan left and right.But still when i loop the pingpong delay signals from the M9 it doesnt sound as spread out as going directly into the jamman...
The time stretching is also cool and i was surprised that it dones not create so many artifacts like a lof the other stuff,though it only works if u save a sample into a memory slot,also once you have done any overdubbing on top of that you will not be able to time stretch.It seems that that feature is more geared towards accompaniment.
The software to manage samples is also really easy to use and now it works great in a mac as well!
If  those buttons were a bit more quiet it would be great,thats why im looking to perhaps have them replaced...
all in all a little simple cool box if u dont want to carry stereo rack gear,samplers and mixers.
cheers
Luis