Re: questions for FCB1010 with UnO chip users at the Santa Cruz Loop festival

I hear you Per,thats where the UnO chip rocks,i used to have all kinds of weird things happening,the behringer spits out weird messages but since installing the UnO all that got cleaned up plus the software is great and you dont have to reboot the unit anytime you midi dump programing back and forth.
It has served me good but im ready for the new softstep we will see!!
Luis

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Louie Angulo
> (P.S. funny that your 5 is also acting up,my last FCB1010 2 yrs ago had the
> 5 messing up as well,this one is relative new)

On my first FCB switch #1 fucked up first, on my second FCB switch #6
first took the dive and on my last FCB switch #1 started to
malfunction first. From day one all three suffered random false MIDI
events sent out now and then (the programmed event was sent out ok but
quite often there was this false trigger coming out as well). I am now
fully convinced that the Behringer FCB 1010 is a wonderfully cheap and
available product but of the most crappy quality. I have a more
portable Gordius LG2 now and it works better for me in a technical
sense and also better in the musical sense that it offers 12 instant
pads per bank, two more than the FCB. I found it expensive having to
buy a new FCB every third year and annoying never knowing when it will
start to self destruct.

Looking forward to see the M9 in action, Louie, and also to hear your
experience of working with it.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se