Re: taking a Pedalboard full of pedals on the plane

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Jeff Duke <jeff_d@embarqmail.com> wrote:
> yes my only fear is that they will lose my gear or most importantly my
> guitar,

I've had a instrument from 1929 "tagged as suspect luggage and carried
away for termination within 30 minutes if not claimed by the owner" so
I totally get your point, Jeff!

I'll bring a guitar in a sturdy Gator case to check in and a small
second instrument in the cabin, just in case.

mark francombe wrote:
> very very big suitcase, with er... lots and lots of socks in...
> I have smelly feet ok? I need socks!

I bring two pair of socks. And a small bag of white powder in the
guitar case - detergent!

BTW, I'm looking forward to see your sustainer equipped guitars, Mark
and Jeff. I'd like to get such a pick-up for my fretless guitar ASAP.
Some years ago I bought a the mechanical vibrator driven Sustaniac-C
but that turned out to be a mistake as the magnet lost power and it
hardly works at all now. But since my fretless Tele can't handle the
magnetic waves from a sustaine pick-up I need to switch guitar before
I even start looking at sustainer pickups. The French Vigier
Surfretter looks as a very good instrument for the money:
http://www.vigierguitars.com/  I meet many guitar builders in my daily
life and it always surprises my that no one builds fretless necks!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com