RE: Fripp and Eno

Not many people know this but I invented looping by placing a piece of cardboard over the erase head of a WEM copicat tape delay unit.
It was only much later that I discovered that other people had also discovered it using other means ;-)

Peace

From: mark@markfrancombe.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 00:40:05 +0200
Subject: Re: Fripp and Eno
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

thats right actually...

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:10 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

mark francombe wrote:

Stockhausen is known to have used the technique

afaik Stockhausen had a completely different technique
using just one tape deck with an actual loop of tape.

The tape heads were reordered, so instead of going
Erase>Rec>Playback like in a regular deck
they were changed to
Playback>Erase>Record.

andy

--