Re: Looping with a drummer

...last minute suggestion.
I've tried both approach in different musical contest and I'd say that it depends by the players (expecially the drummer) ability to "stay in the loop" and by the kind of loops you are going to play.
My leatest personal experience was with my jazz-rock band: we had tons of tech stuff on the stage and odd time signatures pieces to play, so even if the drummer is really a good one we ended up with an earphone metronome for the drummer.
An RC-50 started the songs and the midi click - the midi click was sent to a very cheap midi sequencer (where were previously set the songs) connected via earphone to the drummer.

I'd stay un-synched and check if the drummer and the "looper" can work together and if it fails, just set-up a metronome for the drummer.
You can easily do it in bidule: search on the internet for a metronome plugin to be connected to the bidule "transport bar" and send the metronome click sound just to the phone channel of your audio interface and it's done.

fabio
www.eterogeneo.com

2010/11/2 Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de>
> There's some general approaches which are possible, this is some stream of
consciousness in rather unordered fashion.

thanks Rainer (and everybody). I need the "musicians syncing to loops"
version I think. Will give it a try soon and report back.

-Michael