Re: Boomerang 3

Hi,
        The light bulb just went off on this issue of fade outs. The III
has an actual Fade function where you set
the time for the fade. The III can also fade loops by increasing the decay
rate when stacking.

> One thing is you can't add overdubs (or stack) while it is fading?!
>With the 2880 you can add more sound
> while it is fading at whatever rate the slider is set at.

        I believe this is achieved on the 2880 using an increased decay
rate - the rate at which earlier parts are
attenuated when adding new material. The III can also function this way.

> I am most interested in the Free Play style which sounds interesting but
>then it seems that you have up to 4
> independent MONO loops? 2 stereo loops would have been the way for me.
>This is how i use the 2880 s 4 tracks
> or two stereo pairs. I really must have stereo.

        The III can play 4 stereo loops simultaneously.

>   I may be wrong on this, I am not clear on this stereo function of the
>III. It goes on to say at the end that
> if you plug into both R & L input/output jacks this makes it stereo? I
>don't think this means that it records
> stereo loops somehow...?

        Yes, the III records in true stereo when connected as you say, L
and R in & L and R out.

--

Mike Nelson
Secretary/Treasurer, Boomerang Management, Inc.

----------

"Some products make you sound better;
  Boomerang(R) Phrase Samplers makes you play better."

----------

1-800-530-4699 * 1-817-421-2762, Outside USA * 1-817-251-8509, Fax

http://www.boomerangmusic.com

Contact for repairs:
Lee Hardesty
1516 Victoria Drive