Re: @Bill, empty loop, or looperlative/EDP trick (composition?)

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Simeon Harris
<simeonharris40@googlemail.com> wrote:
> interesting thread. i personally love sus replace - was using with the
>lp-1
> and now with mobius.

Something I appreciate a lot with Mobius is the "Alternative Feedback"
function. I constantly keep a continuous fader assigned to Alternative
Feedback so I can sculpture exactly how much of the old layers that
will be substituted doing  "Substitute stuff". A useful trick is to
trigger long patterns of "Substitute command sequences" (as scripts)
and while playing audio to be sliced into the loop you manipulate the
Alternative Feedback level in a sweeping manner.

I've been thinking about putting such sweeps into the scripts as well
but refrained because it is fun do "play" and also "looks good" in a
performance. There is a constant struggle with the problem that the
audience do not understand what you are doing, even though they like
the sound that comes out. Especially with loop manipulation techniques
that are not to be heard until the loop repeats back again ("cool
music - I really liked your backgrounds. Where can I find them on
CD?")

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se