Re: Who's using what...

Patrick was asking who be using what.

Since I never gig out, I have a varied mix of hardware and software and I don't really give a crap over the hardware vs software/computer debate.  It's all just a bunch of noisemakers as far as I'm concerned.  Does this make a neat sound? Yep! Put it in the signal chain!

I have all my hardware hooked up with a patch bay so I can switch stuff around depending on my mood. :)

Hardware -

Noisemakers - synths (D50, AX73, Morpheus, EX8000, M3R, GR50), drum machines (SR16, Yamaha DD20), VG8ex, guitars/bass/mandolin (too many)

FX - RP2000, all the ModFX, Vortex, MPX100, Adrenalinn, Bass MicroSynth, uh... err... ok, there's a big pile on the table and a rack of 'em.

Loopers - DD20, DL4, RC20XL

Software -

AudioMulch & Mobius (controlled with an FCB1010) and some insane number of freebie VSTs that Kris collected.

I never play the same thing twice, and it's always some experiment with sound.  I just start plugging shit together, twisting knobs and see what happens.  First thing I do when I want to record is unplug everything from the front of the patch bay and start over.

For recording I use Reaper.

and there you have it.

--
-==-=-=-