Re: TouchOSC / Bidule / Plugins HELP...!

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Simeon Harris
<simeonharris40@googlemail.com> wrote:

> anyway - assuming you've got the target parameter sorted, how does bidule
> know which of the faders in touchosc is supposed to be controlling it?

Yes, that's what I'm wondering as well!

> i've given up.

Me too. But for a different reason; I have calculated now and come to
the conclusion that I will never be able to invest the time needed for
setting up a system in Bidule like the one I now have in Mainstage.
The key technique here is *control data scaling*. Mainstage has nifty
scaling boxes where you draw a curve and that is extremely valuable
when time is short. And time is always short because you don't really
want to program a computer, you want to create music! So the faster
you can make corrections and develop your rig the more time you'll
have for making music. Although I don't watch the computer screen much
when performing th prefab graphic character of Mainstage makes it a
fast environment to cable up stuff. Especially now since I've gotten
so deeply into scaling each external control signal flow into juggling
many parameters at the same time but differently, i.e. heavily
dependent on scaling.

>From Bidule I do miss the key command control over Mobius, that
Mainstage 2 blocks out. But you can't have everything. I might change
my mind and buy a license for OSCulator in order to iphone Maintage
over OSC.

Per