Re: TouchOSC / Bidule / Plugins HELP...!

Just to add a ta da to this thread...

Finally got Touch OSC and Audio mulch working flawlessly together... havent quite got around to paying for Osculator, have to play around with the design of the TouchOSC for a bit.. but loving it so far... I have the Morph xy controls of a Kore FX plugin, operated by my iPhone. The Kore is mangling a couple of tracks from Mobius...

plus i got the Audio Mulch metasurface operating via iphone... so I had a couple of sit in the sofa with my iphone gigs this evening... with a dreadful noise emanating from my studio, fully under my control Muuuuhhhhaaa ha ha ha

One thing to think about howver... this is working on Wifi right? How can you be sure to HAVE a wifi connection at your gig? Especially one you have the password for? I CAN get wifi connection over the whole of Oslo (if I pay for a special service) but right now, my studio is right on the edge of getting good reception from my rather weak wifi box positioned on the other side of my house, and sometimes (like if my wife shuts a door) I lose wifi. My studio uses a hard wired cable so no prob for internet, but... at a gig..?

Isnt there a better protocol, like a teeny tiny network between the comp and the phone? Is that bluetooth only? Forgive my stupidity on such matters... This touch interface is so exiting for me, with bad eyesight, being able to build the perfect simple interface for my complete looping setup, then having it close at hand, well lit and no mouse needed...

the interface on software (no knobs) has always been the fun killer for me, now with my little keyboard, 8 knobs and the iphone that can be configured as a kaos style XY... tis looking velly interesting...

Mark