RE: WHAT SORTS OF FIREWIRE INTEFACES ARE PEOPLE USING THESE DAYS?

 I've just been looking into mobile recorders for my forthcoming travels and have pretty much decided on the Zoom H4n. It doubles as a usb interface, up to 4 inputs at once, (recorded on separate tracks) and has good mics on board - I should think this would be a pretty good option though it isn't firewire.

Peace

From: andrea.trabucco@hotmail.com
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: WHAT SORTS OF FIREWIRE INTEFACES ARE PEOPLE USING THESE DAYS?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:50:32 +0100

Hi all!

I'd like to take advantage of this topic to get an advice on which audio interface to buy:

I plan to do a on the road record on my next travel to Brazil
I want that to have a natural sounding vibe but also quality to it because I later want to release that on DVD...
I'm going to play guitar and percussions live together with local musicians in their own environment...

so I plan to travel with a macbook pro (by that way I'm undecided to buy one used on late 2007 or another used 2009 or a new one - is that necessary to have the last one or is ok the olders? I'm new into mac:))

 and an audio interface with good and natural sounding mic preamps, various analogic mic inputs and a stadalone possibilty for gigs aside from the travel)

for what I've understood I think I'll use logic pro and maybe for the live playing with mac ableton or audiodesk or something else...
so my main concern is sound quality, easy operation and reliabilty with drives and so on...

for what I've read I'm thinking about:
motu traveler
presonus firestudio or fireproject
tc electronic d24 konnect or impacr twin
or any other will fit my needs

the toal budget MAc + Audio interface it's around 1200/1500 euros

and then I'll have to buy mics! and before that save a lot of money I guess:)

Thanks to all!!

Andrea