Tip on a great free reverb plugin (for lappy loopers) PSP Pianoverb

Per sez:
> Check out the free Pianoverb from the Polish sound design programming
> masters at PSP
> http://www.pspaudioware.com/

> I first heard this back in the late eighties on an album with solo
>soprano sax
> player Steve Lacy.

Didn't know about the Steve Lacy reference you're mentioning.
The first intense use of this effect (not for piano) known to me is
Frank Zappa's "Lumpy Gravy" (1967), where it's mostly applied to
speaking voices. Material from these sessions was also used in his
last studio album, "Civilisation, Phase III" (1993, released 1995).
There's a reference in the lyrics of "Evelyn, a Modified Dog" (One
Size Fits All album):
"Evelyn, a dog, having undergone
Further modification
Pondered the significance of short-person behavior
In pedal-depressed panchromatic resonance
And other highly ambient domains... "

> To be honest I don't know about any other plugin that will give you this
>reverb sound

This can be done well with any faltung/convolution plugin and use of
an impulse response that models this behaviour - there have been
discussions of sites that offer (free) responses, look up in the
archives (or ask me again when I get home ;).

           Rainer