Re: help please!

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Rob Adler wrote:
> record and then
> trigger a sample and only have it play back once, and only when i step
> on the pedal. what i do is play a note or phrase, sample it, and then
> play it back while i play something else over the top of it.

The Looperlative LP-2 Mini Looper
which will be officially available for purchase by this year's NAMM show
(January 13-16)
has three modes of retriggering a sample:

1)  retrigger (one shot)   which is the mode you request, Rob
2)  retrigger (continuous)  which is a mode I added precisely to enable
a looper to retrigger
                                          to keep a non-looping band in
sync with the loops created
3)  retrigger (random)   which is a mode I designed (and I don't believe
it exists in any loopers
                                  available with the exception, possibly
of custom one's designed in Max/MSP
                                  Every time you hit retrigger, the
machine will take you to a randomly different
                                  place in the loop.  This function can
be used to control long ambient, a-rhythmic loops
                                  so that you can create ostinato
rhythms that are constantly morphing that can then
                                   be resampled with a 2nd looper.

This looper had many, many other groovy functions for the price but
they've been covered here a few times
so I wont' bore people with the details again with the exception of
mentioning that it will have midi in and out.

Street price will be 3 bills (USD)