Re: TouchOSC / Bidule / Plugins HELP...!

     I can't say that I've been following this closely, but I have a
general question to everyone who seems excited about the use of
wireless phone apps for music making.  Are you mostly interested in
controlling looper apps remotely, effects apps remotely or using it as
a secondary or principal  instrument/sound source? Also are there
similar apps yet  for windows based phones yet?  Blackberries
etc....... lastly what seems to be the fascination with trying to
control apps on a touch screen?  As a guitarist, I'm not really that
excited about something I have to use my free hand to control. I have
no free hands!!!!!!.  Pardon me if I sound a bit non impressed, but
I'm not impressed. :-)  Having a tiny little screen to use as a
controller seems like a recipe for for a lot of squinting. And then
there is the visual aspect of watching someone who looks like there
texting. It makes me feel a bit disconnected from the music making
experience. Now I'm not saying one can't create beautiful music in
this manner, quite the contrary. Massimo  did some lovely stuff to
close out Y2K10 this year and I know Randolph has integrated one very
well with a mount for it on the front of his Klien guitar. I would
like to know in more detail what the fascination is.  My wife and I
are needing new phones and  I would go the way of an I phone if I
really felt that the extra expense was warranted. Anybody out there
now on the downside of the I phone craze yet, or starting to feel the
inherent  limitations in a 4 inch control surface?  I appreciate any
feedback.
Thanks
  Bill