Re: EDP loop capture

On Dec 23, 2010, at 1:09 PM, andy butler wrote:

> fcb1010 using Note-On for edp, and ProgCh for LP1.

One problem I've noticed with some MIDI controllers with respect to ProgCh
is that they can be overly helpful by not sending the change if you are
already on that program. (At least the specs on some of them read that
way.)

> I wonder though, if you'd find it easier/better to stick with the EDP
>and use a larger MoreLoops param and explore SwitchQuant=Cnf

I generally used my EDP set to a couple of loops. What I've discovered
though is that I do like to set up a steady pulse on a separate looper. I
could just use the Looperlative for that -- eight stereo tracks makes for
a lot of interesting mixing and matching of pulses -- but I was thinking
it might be nice to be able to spontaneously say "hey, this EDP loop is
cool, let's keep it going in the background".

The feature I probably miss most from the EDP on the Looperlative (besides
I think preferring the EDP time readout though neither feels really ideal
in that regard) is Multiply. When improving, I like to drop into multiply
mode without thinking about how long I'm going to play for. The
Looperlative either wants me to specifically extend the loop by a certain
amount or I need to use Sync Record on a new track which works but then
I'm back to building layers as opposed to evolving loops.

On the Looperlative stability front, I should probably try to roll back a
few revisions and see whether things get better though I then need to
figure out what features I am also giving up and how to balance between
the two.

Mark