Re: So, what new gear did Santa bring you?

a digital kawai piano,something ive been wanting for a long time
thoughmy kids are taking over but is still a pleasure to see them wanting to play it.
merry X-mas
Luis

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Grant <grantmepeace@mindspring.com> wrote:
> OK, fess up! What did you get yourself, er I mean, what did Santa bring you this year?

Socializing. Visiting my parents, which is great! Me and two sons get
to hang a bit with ex-wife's nephew, niece and related folks. And I
finally managed to grab some time to mock up my dream looper for
laptop rig:
http://www.looproom.com/dream_looper.png

Based on tempo master Mobius in synced Mainstage it runs four loop
channels with effects both pre and post loop. Input section trimmed
for dual channel Stick input or mono flute input. The dual Stick
patches also work fine with my dual output two channel guitar (Shadow
Nanomag acoustic pickup vs the usual electro magnetic humbuckers). The
screenshot shows only the few screen clickable functions, but when
using the Gordius control pedal I access  more functions and don't
need that screen. The underlying looping context is not very different
from the EDP/Repeater/Filterbank monster rack I used a decade ago but
it is very nice to set the limitations yourself instead of having to
adapt your creativity to a given hardware design.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com