Re: So, what new gear did Santa bring you?

I hardly ever get new gear for Christmas, I don't expect my wife to
know what I want and besides she already knows that if its musical,
I'll get it myself. She gets me cloths which I really appreciate.
What I am doing for myself is I'm having Mando Man, (who in addition
to being a really fine musician is a world class luthier,) build me a
new lap steel. This lap steel will have a duesenberg multi bender
bridge on it courtesy of the awesome Leander Reininghaus who sent me
the bridge from Germany. Thanks again Leander , you Rock!!!!  The
instrument will be made of some amazing quilted japanese ash with a
curly maple top and an ebony fingerboard. Though I've always been
intrigued with the pedal steel guitar, its size, expense, and weight
have always kept me from taking the plunge. The Multibender bridge
will give me three string pull options in a light weight and portable
package. I'm very excited about this new instrument and will be
mailing the parts to him today.
Bill