Re: Re: OT - Mahavishnu live footage

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
> But, as Michael remarked, John seems to have
> always been truly sincere inside all that; the attitude to music
> making as a prayer is something I totally agree with.  When watching
> Johns activities from a distance against the background of "the
> general sheep mob" one could easily take him for one of them. I had
> similar bugs, back in the days (luckily such narrow perspectives
> washed off by time), regarding Carlos Santana when he too showed up
> "dressed in that Indian night shirt".
John and Carlos were both very serious devotees of the Indian Hindu
guru, Sri Chinmoy.
I never got that they took it lightly or that they were being trendy.

McLaughlin's devotee name was Mahavishnu John McLaughlin,
Santana's was Devadip Carlos Santana for a while
and my brother and I always referred to him as DoubleDip Carlos Santana
(ahhhhhh,  immaturity!!!!)

rick walker