Re: So, what new gear did Santa bring you?

On 12/27/10 11:18 AM, "Grant" <grantmepeace@mindspring.com> wrote:

> OK, fess up! What did you get yourself, er I mean, what did Santa bring
>you
> this year?

Well, like Rick and so many others on this list, 2010 wasn't a particularly
good year financially for us -- mostly owing to having a new baby, as well
as being forced to work a crap job in one of the most expensive countries
on
the planet.

Still, the wife and I managed to set aside ~$100 each to use on each
other's
Christmas/Chanukah gifts.  I got her a bunch of back-issues to various
craft/fashion magazines she'd missed.

She was especially astute and got me an Akai Synthstation 25 for my iPhone.
So far, it's working great as a portable MIDI controller.  Trying to work
out some difficulties with the Apple Store in order to get the software (it
is more than a little annoying that the software is *not* included, even if
it is only $1.99).

        --m.