Re: low cpu midi appegiator

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> Can one export from Bidule a VST type thingy, that isnt the whole Bidule
> program, but just the bit you made...? (Like SynthEdit for Mac)

Yes. From Bidule you can export a complete session as a "Group". This
group can then be imported as a module in another Bidule session. But
what seems to match your needs here is that the Bidule AU plugin can
also import such a Group. And the Bidule AU can run in any host's
pugin slot (oops, time to upgrade Audiomulch?)

I have tried this and found it working well. I managed to wire up a
"freeze reverb" in Bidule based on Bidule's Input Envelope Follow
function auto triggering the "Infinite button" of  the Eos reverb
plugin (in a crossfade way, so when I don't play anything the reverb
stays frozen... until I play the next sound). What I did was to open
the Bidule AU on a bus/aux track in Mainstage and then from inside the
AU open that Bidule Group. However I skipped this because the Eos
reverb plugin clicks too loud when changing state. (then I started
using SoundToys EchoBoy for freeze reverb and I like that one's analog
character better; it doesn't freeze totally, just enough to slow down
audio to an almost-still state).

per