Re: low cpu midi appegiator

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:45 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:

> strange that there doesnt seem to be a minimal midi arp about?

Yes really. I was a big fan of the Oberheim Cyclone back in the pre
laptop days. It was a hardware MIDI arpeggiator that you connected
between a MIDI keyboard and a MIDI sound module... "instant Juno
Reactor" box, sort of. Very buggy though. Have been looking for a
software replacement for that gadget ever since... (maybe I will be
able to mock it up in Mainstage with the Numerology AU plugin one day,
it's Matrix Arpeggiator is comes as part of the AU as you open it -
I'm checking that out right now in Logic. The reaon I'm not setting
going this way - yet - with live arpeggio in my concert set up is that
it bogs down the CPU too much. I already put a heavy strain on the CPU
by playing hte Stick that needs two parallel inputs and effect chains.
You can't have it all.)

Actually, Bidule has a couple of arpeggiators! Not as good as the
stuff built into Alchemy or Atmosphere, but maybe someone at the
Bidule forum has built a good arpeggiator Group? (they built some good
step sequencers and an audio tail preservation Group on my request a
couple of years ago, Bidule stuff that I dearly miss today when
working in Mainstage)

Per