Re: low cpu midi appegiator

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:04 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> Tryng in Audio Mulch now...

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with this!

I think you should set up like:

1. Open the Bidule AU plugin on a MIDI instrument track in an Instrument
slot.
2. Inside the AU you open an Arpeggiator.
3. Cable the MIDI Out tag of "Bidule Plugin 1) to the ARp.
4. Cable tie Arp's MIDI Out tag to either a physical MIDI out port on
your system (if you want to run an external MIDI rack device off the
arp) or cable the arp MIDI into some virtual instrument that you open
inside the Bidule AU.
5. Still inside the Bidule AU plugin: Cable the softsynth's audio
output to the audio input tag (two for stereo) of Bidule Plugin 1.
6. Right-click on the ARpeggiator plugin and chose "Sync to Bidule
Plugin 1" (the very same plugin you are working inside). With that
sync setup it doesn't matter, for the arpeggiator, if you are syncing
Audio Mulch to the Mobius looper or if you are running Audio Much as
the sync master. Arpeggios will sync fine anyway.
7. If using a softsynth to play the audio of the ARP inside the Bidule
AU, right-click and set it to sync like you just set up the ARP sync.

Arp's are so cool.... maybe I should try to find me a Roland GK
pickup? If using it to drive arpeggiators the slow triggering of low
pitched notes is not an issue.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se