Re: low cpu midi appegiator

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:02 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> theres a typically but rather clever implementation on most hardware arps
> that I like, where the arp plays UNTILL a new chord is played, when that
> will take over, UNLESS one or more notes from the previous chord are
>played,
> IN WHICH CASE the new chord ADDS to the arp..

You should post that as humble request for help to the Bidule forum!
I'm certain some of the programming wizards over there would love the
challenge to mock it up for you! That forum is full of people that
make electronic music because they like to program (!) and they like
to show off their exceptional skills to guys like us that just want to
make music with as little programming as possible.

Another cool ARP mode is ‘As Played’ — plays the current notes in the
order they were originally played.

Here are two more cool modes that I like in the Alchemy (built-in) arp:

o       In ‘Hold’ mode, the new notes are organized into a new pattern,
which replaces the existing pattern.
o       In ‘Add’ mode, the new notes are added to the existing
pattern. (Try
combining ‘As Played’ mode with the ‘Add’ latch setting to create
an
interactive step sequencer with up to 128 steps!)

They kind of give the user experience you described. But I think I
would like to also create a foot controlled MIDI filter that only lets
MIDI through to the arp when pressed down. That is because I'd like to
 keep on playing Stick/guitar with the normal audio pickup sound now
and then. My plan is to press down the arp pedal as I play notes that
I want to also be copied into the arpeggiator (as MIDI, by the MIDI
pickup). I think I'd like to use Alchemy with its built-in arp but if
you set up an arp in Bidule it would be simple to also set up a
"Filter out MIDI pre arp" switch.

Per