Re: So, what new gear did Santa bring

Ja,
so Santa got me a few used USB PC keyboards for free, which i
disassembled and then turned them into cheap and wonderful USB foot
remote controllers, now enabling hands-free control of my self-written
max msp looper (laserdave).
Paid around 20 Euro in total for the parts to build a 6-switch unit.
Theoretically it is no problem to build a 128 switch unit out of this,
or a simple box, that let's one use spare foot switches of the normal
kind (mono jack, momentary)
I'll eventually blog the intestines of this hack, until then you can
get a grasp of the general idea here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3NxQ60E72k
Enjoy :)
I hope everyone is having pleasant holidays.
- - -
jayrope
http://www.kliklak.net