Re: low cpu midi appegiator

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM, mark francombe <markfrancombe@gmail.com>
wrote:
> STILL has not hold or latch function, so the arp stops after you remove
>you
> hand from the keyboard, which rules it out for me,

How about setting up a filter that strips off the Note Off events?
Bidule has a good MIDI filter module for that. If using another host
than Bidule it would be required to throw in a Bidule AU plugin (with
that MIDI filtering) somewhere in the MIDI signal path pre virtual
instrument.

OR...
You could open a Bidule AU anywhere (not necessarily on the MIDI track
of your sounding virtual instrument). INside that Bidule you (1) open
a "MIDI Input Device" and cable it through the MIDI Filter (stripping
off Note Offs) and then you finally create and cable to a "MIDI Output
Device" (or whatever it's called...). Make sure to create a "virtual
MIDI cable" either on the Mac system (IAC Bus channel) or as a format
of your DAW/host. Then set this (now MIDI Off stripped) internal MIDI
pipe as the MIDI Input for your sounding virtual instrument.

This would work as a "infinite hold", so you need to set up a "Send
MIDI Note Off" pedal/button to silence the bitch. Bidule would be fine
for that, but simply doing a temporary ByPass off the MIDI filtering
Bidule AU plugin and playing any note (that will then also send a Note
Off as you release the key) will work as your bitch smacker.

Just some loose ideas that may keep you from making music for another
couple of days... ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se