Re: The EDP and the Looperlative and me

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 8:21 PM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
wrote:

> have you tried assigning track speed to a continuous controller on you
>LG?

"Track Speed"? That must be "Looperlative-ish". I assign a lot of
looper parameters to CC by the LG. But the issue with Mobius is that
Speed Shift is snapping to semi note values - if talking pitch, loop
length changes too of course with the "vari-speed" tweak. I can live
with that tough, fast sweeps sound like seamless transpositions if you
don't listen like a purist (after all, music is about showing attitude
by implying gestures - not about perfection)

> I can for example assign an expression predal that will move from normal
>speed
> to 1/4 speed and back  creating the time stratch+ pitch bend effect

Ultra cool!

> similar to the one we all know and love from the Repeater

Loved that effect back when I was using a Repeater. :-)

> with the exception that
> you can't time stretch without changing the pitch.

That's something I dig! Love it when the rhythm falls apart as
multiple simultaneous loops pitch shift into forming new chords. I
find it interesting to explore what new rhythmic relations are born
with certain tonal intervals and use that knowledge when improvising
music.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se