(re)-discovering your gear that sits on your board (boss slicer) //new eno

it's funny.i've had the boss slicer for a yr now, use it occassionally, just never found a great use for it w/ my guitar stuff.
i could never get it to sound as cool as the boss guy demoing that i've seen on youtube (johnny demarco or whatever his name is).
so in the last few weeks i've played w/ it here and there, actually turned some knobs-i'm so lazy!!! still not much excitement.
occassionally i'll use it w/ my drum machine to spice that up, which it works great for, and probably best for me.
so anyway, this am, i play a bit of guitar, turn it on, i think i had most of the direct sound off (or maybe just a hair amt of it), but mostly effect...
i have it on (to what bank or option-i have no idea), and i just percussively hit the guitar, slap it, scrape (sort of thinking what andre LF does so well
w/ his edp stuff-to my ears anyway).
and i don't think it's anything special i'm doing, but at random pt i hit the record button on my behringer tweakalizer to record a random 2 sec.
i hit the play button, and the glitchy sounds that repeat and repeat are most inspiring, i mean it sounded way better than my playing.
and for some reason it sounds vaguely like andre's glitchy stuff to me (probably not as good...) so then i turn on my fuzz and start playing over it
and i'm like wow. this took me a yr to figure out? it sounded sooooo good. i then did a few more experiments w/ different settings & tried my drum machine too,
and i was amazed.
i know i've heard Rick W. sing the praises of this thing, and how he said he uses the randomness of it, and i just discovered it after a yr.
kind of funny.

as i sit and type i'm listening to the new eno stuff on youtube w/ headphones. wow, some good stuff!
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen