Re: Re: The EDP and the Looperlative and me

To be fair, I think Mark made a very valid point.
The EDP comes with a seven button interface "out of the box"
which can do just as many tricks as a carefully programmed  LP1.

Yes, with the LP1 it's easy to set
up a banks worth of buttons with a basic midi controller.
What isn't easy is to pick a bank of buttons that will more or less do everything a particular user would want to do.
Apart from that, they're just such *very* different beasts.
Being familiar with one is bound to make the other seem awkward,
and to transfer from either one to the other would mean giving up a lot.
respectfully andy butler

Very good point and thanks to Mark for making that distinction.

The only thing I would add to it is that for a technical reason,  I lost functionality in my
FCB 1010 before going to NAMM and had to borrow one from somebody and program
it at the damned show in order to be able to demo the LP-1.

Honest to goodness,   I programmed four very sophisticated banks on my FCB in
5 minutes and was up and running.

You hit a button,   select midi/button,   push enter
and it says......."push a button" (on your foot controller).
You push a button,   scroll the menu through all the options (only a couple of which need
explanation), hit 'enter'  and that's it............no worrying about midi cc message or bank number.

By contrast, it took me a long time to understand the EDP.   For some reason it just wasn't
intuititive to me in the way the LP-1 is and I almost gave up on it at one point before
doubling my efforts,  mercilessly bugging Andre LaFosse, Matthias Grob, Kim Flint and Andy Butler
for free advice.........I'm glad I did.  It's a fantastic instrument.

Matthias is going to hit a grand slam when he releases his new ultra modern/multiple track/
hi fidelity version  sometime, hopefully, this year.

I will own one in a heartbeat.

rick walker