Re: The EDP and the Looperlative and me

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 6:43 PM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
wrote:
> So below are my bank presets and some insight if needed, in to why or
>how I
> use them.

Very interesting reading, Bill! My bank presets are quite similar. I
too like to have a new track auto created with an empty loop of the
same length as whatever is spinning on the selected track I'm coming
from. But in Mobius you set that behavior as a global preference. I
have been thinking of setting up a pedal for reassigning the track
sync master status but not done it yet. In Mobius we have the global
preference "Maximum/Minimum Tempo range" that protects you from
arriving at a way too sloooow tempo if starting out with a very long
loop (and vice versa) but I will need to reassign track sync master
status to set a new global quantize cycle if I start out with a 34 bar
first loop and then go to the next track and divide it down to one or
two bars.

Anyway, below is my Gordius Little Giant 2 preset list
(copying/pasting from my back-up USB stick).

Per

Per Boysen. Electroacoustic live electronics rig by december 2010.
External controllers Gordious Little Giant 2 MIDI pedalboard and
FaderFox Micromodul LV1 hand pad targeting Mobius hosted in Apple
Mainstage 2. Mobius crippled to only four tracks.
LG2:

BANK 00: Mobius - basic looping.
  1 Record
  2 Overdub
  3 Multiply
  4 Substitute
  5 Bass Dot
  6 Wait Cycle Reverse Overdub
  7 Undo
  8 Redo
  9 Previous Loop
10 Next Loop

BANK 01: Mobius - direct loop 1-5 select, Time Warp scripts.
  1 Loop 1
  2 Loop 2
  3 Loop 3
  4 Loop 4
  5 Loop 5
  6 Time Warp 1 (speed shifting sequence during overdub)
  7 Time Warp 2 (other speed shifting sequence during overdub)
  8 Grid 1 (basic 16th SUS Substitute grid)
  9 Grid 2 (grooved SUS Substitute grid)
10 Overdub

BANK 02: Mobius - Rate Straight “foot organ” affecting selected plus
focus locked tracks.
  1 Rate Shift 0
  2 Rate Shift 2
  3 Rate Shift 3
  4 Rate Shift 4
  5 Rate Shift 5
  6 Rate Shift -5
  7 Rate Shift -4
  8 Rate Shift -3
  9 Rate Shift -2
10 Global Mute (un-muting also re-aligns and re-triggers all playing loops)

BANK 03: Mobius - Instant Loop Length manipulation, Chord Insert.
  1 x2
  2 x3
  3 x4
  4 Hit Chord: Minor
  5 /2
  6 /3
  7 /4
  8 Hit Chord: Major
  9 Shuffle This (partly random slicing/reordering according to set
8ths Per Cycle value)
10 Hit Chord: Sus 4

BANK 04: Mobius - basic looping, Record Four Tracks In One Swoop.
  1 Record Four Tracks In One Swoop (and Rate Shift them differently)
  2 Overdub
  3 Multiply
  4 Substitute
  5 Rate Shift 0, volume compensated, Retrigger All
  6 Rate Straight 0, volume 95, Retrigger All
  7 Undo
  8 Redo
  9 Previous Loop
10 Next Loop

BANK 05: Mobius - Rate Shift “foot organ” affecting all four tracks,
volume compensated.
  1 Rate Shift 0
  2 Rate Shift 2
  3 Rate Shift 3
  4 Rate Shift 4
  5 Rate Shift 5
  6 Rate Shift -5
  7 Rate Shift -4
  8 Rate Shift -3
  9 Rate Shift -2
10 Global Mute

BANK 06: Mobius - Fade In Or Fade Out, Focus Lock direct track target.
  1 Fade In Or Out Track 1
  2 Fade In Or Out Track 2
  3 Fade In Or Out Track 3
  4 Fade In Or Out Track 4
  5 Focus Lock Track 1
  6 Focus Lock Track 2
  7 Focus Lock Track 3
  8 Focus Lock Track 4
  9 Previous Loop
10 Next Loop

BANK 07: Mobius - basic looping, variation.
  1 Record
  2 Overdub
  3 Multiply
  4 Substitute
  5 Retrig All, Rate Shift 0
  6 Start Point
  7 Undo
  8 Redo
  9 Previous Track
10 Next Track

BANK 08: Mainstage - FX pre looper, continuous and stomp box context.
Freezing etc. For Chapman Stick Mainstage patches this bank is divided
in two sides, controlling the two fretboard’s unique effect chains.

When entering a new LG2 bank it instantly sends out a MIDI#cc for
Mobius Max Feedback. Some switches reconfigure expression pedal
programming.

Expression pedal 1 mostly used for input volume, sometimes also to
freeze sound at no input position.

Expression pedal 2 always used for Mobius looper feedback.

Faderfox LV1 handmixer and LX1 are doubling up some commands plus
offering direct access to any loop on any track. I limit the looper to
five loops per track and only four tracks. A hand fader for Secondary
Feedback is important for the playing style I like.