Re: Re: DD-20 (Re: (re)-discovering your gear that sits on your board(boss slicer)

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:
> For someone who is as hands on with their equipment as you are Rick, it
>seems like a pair of DD-20's plus the SL-20 could make for a rather
>interesting way of building and manipulating textures.

It's funny, but I have never gotten that deeply into using delay.

As a percussionist,  I decided early on not to put tons of energy into
three instruments:
the congas,  the djembe and the tablas for the reason that they were so
popular that
I reasoned it would be difficult to create a truly unique voice on the
instrument.

I think due to the ubiquity of digital delay in our own community, I've
had the same approach.

In the same breath,  reading about the DD-20 has me curious.
As fate would have it,  money is unbelievably tight since the recession
and the last looping
festival so I'd have to sell a lot of equipment before I can buy even
one of them.

Also,  I'm just in love with distortion and fuzz and string instruments,
lately so my world is
overfull.    this is the first year that I've actually felt like some
kind of guitarist.  I've always wanted to
play and always been intimidated by it.   But I actually jumped in and
play plucked string instruments
more than any other instrument in my life right now and I'm in love with
it.