Re: (re)-discovering your gear that sits on your board (boss slicer)

On 1/3/11 2:53 AM, "Rainer Straschill" <moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dustbunnies schrieb:
>> That's a few I remember.  Perhaps Rainer or Ted or Sjaak (amongst
>others)
>> have more to add on the subject.
>>
> Glad to do. Here some unordered comments (some of them just expanding
> what you or others in the past already said).

I was hoping you'd chime in here, since you're even more batshit crazy than
I am (and I say that affectionately with all the genius-mad-scientist
respect I can possibly muster).  ;)

> 4. @dust_bunnies: thanks for the tip with configuring the external pedal
> for on/off and using an unlatched footswitch for some susoverdub! Need
> to try that myself.

One more to add here.  When I was playing with this, I had my two units set
up in a full-on cross-connected feedback matrix: Unit 1 feeding into Unit
2,
and Unit 2 feeding right back into Unit 1.  Normally this would be deadly
and would result in runaway feedback in, say, maybe 2 seconds.  However, I
had the unlatched footswitch controlling Unit 2 (which was set to 100%
wet).
So the only time anything entered Unit 2's buffer -- and thus fed back to
Unit 1 -- was when I had its footswitch depressed.

So I could set up a long loop on Unit 1, then have Sus-type effects on that
loop from Unit 2, but which also then print back onto Unit 1's loop.  Of
course, you can then further Susoverdub sections which already have the Sus
stutters printed, and so on and so forth.  It only took a few presses of
the
foot to fill up the space with stuttery glitchiness, IIRC.

My next experiment was going to be to add a multi-effect into the feedback
loop, between Unit 2's output and Unit 1's second input.  So you could then
apply other effects (pitchshift, bit-reduction, or maybe yet another
delay!)
to the Susoverdubbed parts before printing them back onto the original
loop.

Unfortunately, never had the time to implement that last part....

        --m.