Re: The EDP and the Looperlative

Mark Hamburg wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2011, at 10:14 PM, Mark Hamburg wrote:
>
>> I gather Dustbunnies manages to get SUS-style operations on the LP-1,
>but it seems to depend on having a "decent" (his words) MIDI controller
>since it would seem to depend on having a controller that will send note
>on or program change messages on pedal release.
>
> I had entirely missed the momentary buttons portion of the Looperlative
>(I don't think it's mentioned in my user manual).

...understandable
...because it's not there.
The Looperlative will of course respond to commands that are sent when the
switch is released,
but it doesn't itself have any SUS functionality.

> So, first of all: Cool that the Looperlative can exploit SUS commands if
>only for a Replace and Replace+Original -- though interestingly not
>QReplace.

For QReplace the Looperlative has a delay built in.
When you start a QReplace the Looperlative won't respond to any new
commands
until it's finished.
QReplace>QReplace>EndSequence will replace exactly one chunk of audio.
..and Multiple presses of that button will produce a very nice alternation
of Replaced and unaltered chunks.

> Second: Yes, this requires the same sort of controller support as the
>EDP (though as I noted, the EDP also just works with its standard
>footpedal).

I don't think the LP1 can do SUS with a controller that just sends
Note-Off on release.
...has anyone tried getting the LP1 to midi-learn a Note-Off?

andy butler