Re: The EDP and the Looperlative

> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:12 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
> Why cant we have a mode in Mobius called.. er... Window.. eh Jeff?

Good things come to those who wait.

I've tried to simulate loop windowing with scripts but have not come up
with anything satisfactory.  Someone suggested (maybe you?) a script
that would use a combination of Undo, Move, and SUSUnroundedMultiply to
cut out a piece of the last layer, let it play once, then Undo back
and cut out the piece before the last, repeating until you reach the
start of the layer.  Then Undo twice to go back two layers, repeat until
you run out of layers.

That would actually be possible but it would be a relatively complicated
script.  The main difference between this and loop windowing is that the
window can't span two layers.  I gave up on it because it seemed easier
just to implement loop windowing than to write that script :)  But that
got shelved during the Great Documentation Frenzy that's been going on
the past year.  I will be back to coding again in 2011.

Jeff