Re: Computer good enough for Live Looping?

I googled "Intel Core i3-370M" and found more specifications than
those you posted. Since I know you do a lot of video work I wouldn't
dare buying this one because of the shared graphic memory. When
combining video and audio you have to remember that audio is real-time
and then shared video may cause bad interruptions.

Eight gig RAM option will be fine in the fine future. "Two cores" and
"two threads" sounds good enough. 64 bit instruction set is great IF
all your software are up to it. SSE if essential (optimization for the
pentium CPU). Well, see for yourself at
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=49020

Please note that I have not read up on the latest regarding these
pentiums and Windows 7 when it comes to the possible shared graphics
stuff. You might look for some music forum thread that deals with it,
maybe at Gearslutz, Ableton's or the Bidule forum. I might be wrong in
my skepticism. At Ableton they have this standing thread where
everyone runs a test song on there computer and posts the CPU load for
discussion; a lot of useful lappy knowledge spilled there.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com