Re: another mobius question

i've never used an EDP though, so this is a bit of a mystery to me, i'm afraid

i'd like to put it into a script though, as i have a button on my control surface available and i'd like to hit that button to truncate the loop by one 8ths per cycle value (whatever it happens to be at the time)

sim

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Simeon Harris
<simeonharris40@googlemail.com> wrote:
> i'm thinking this is a bit flaky though and a more elegant solution (to me)
> would be to actually chop a chunk off the end of loop 2 to make it shorter.
> the result will sound the same (although loop 2 will be moving backwards
> relative to loop 1, instead of forwards, but adding a chunk to the end of
> loop 2 will create a small chunk of silence)
>
> is there a way to to this with a script? can you delete a piece off the end
> of a loop that's one 8ths per cycle long?

No need for scripting there. Truncating a loop on-the-fly is the same
basic action combination as with the EDP:   Multiply finished by
Record. With this combo you can cut down a loop into a very short
slice if you like. Fun to tap dance on this in combination with Undo
and Redo.

Per