Re: Audio example posted: Subcycle Sequence (Re: loop windowing inmobius)

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Jeff Larson<jeff@zonemobius.com>  wrote:
>> This script will divide the loop into "slices" equal
>> to the current subcycle length, then create a new layer
>> containing repetitions of just the current subcycle.  Each
>> time you run it will reshuffle the original layer and create
>> a new layer containing the next subcycle.  When you reach the
>> end it wraps back to the first subcycle.
>
> Thanks, Jeff. Here's an audio clip I just recorded usinig your new
> Subcyle Sequence script:
> http://soundcloud.com/pboy/subcycle-sequence
>
> Can't wait to try this out with other instruments and in a more
> prepared context!
>
> Per
Wow, it's hard to wrap my mind around what that's doing because there
are so many manipulations
of the subcycle............but it's fascinating to listen to.   Cool new
technique, especially for
real time.

I suppose we can think of it as granular looping, eh?

rick walker