Re: Worth getting iPod touch for Live Looping only?

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Jim Goodin <jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com>
wrote:
> although as you point out it may still be another gen or two before the
>iPad
> can handle audio processing.

If audio processing is not being supported with the gen 2 iPad I doubt
it will never be. If contemplating Apple's typical marketing
strategies I see a fair chance (risk) that the iPad story will evolve
like those Mackbook Air laptopts; i.e. product design targeting
ordinary people that do web surfing, typing and music listening with
the machine. And the selling point Apple stresses is the cool design,
these peep's want to show off a nice looking gadget on the coffee shop
table. Musican friendly (read "powerful enough") laptops can not be
designed in such a slick manner. Funny but also a bit sad facts of
life.

>  Bet NAMM was neat.  Jim

I only was there virtually. But it was virtually awesome! I'm
non-virtually interested in the GR-55 that I find almost revolutionary
;-))  (would fit in great with a "day job band" I'm playing with)

Per